Monday, August 22, 2011
It is Meet the Teacher over at blog hoppin' and I thought it would be fun to participate. First, the above picture is not me.... I hate pictures of me but this will do.
A little about me...
1. I have been teaching for a long time.... 20+ years and I still love it very much!
2. I have taught many different grade levels--- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, math, reading, but kindergarten is my favorite.
3. I teach at a high poverty school in North Carolina..... where we are closing achievement gaps... yeap, I work with an amazing group of teachers and administrators.
4. I have my National Boards as an Early Childhood Generalist.
5. I have one daughter who attends NC STATE---Go Pack!
6. I love to blog and to make stuff like classroom games.
7. And I love me some diet Sundrop----it's a southern soda thingie!
8. oh.... I have a cat.... who thinks he is a dog.
One thing I am trying to improve on this year is helping children to become more responsible for their actions.... Can Do Kinders!
I really believe in the book, 7 Habits of Happy Kids and want to implement more
of that philosophy into my teaching this year. How about you? What are some things you want to improve on.
Now enough about me.... I want to know more about you!
I hope you link up here so I can learn more!
Posted by Pam at 2:30 PM